MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3.10, a new version of the ODBC driver for the MySQL database management system, has been released.
The available downloads include both a Unicode driver and an ANSI driver based on the same modern codebase. Please select the driver type you need based on the type of your application – Unicode or ANSI. Server-side prepared statements are enabled by default. It is suitable for use with any MySQL version from 5.5.
This is the fifth release of the MySQL ODBC driver conforming to the ODBC 3.8 specification. It contains implementations of key 3.8 features, including self-identification as a ODBC 3.8 driver, streaming of output parameters (supported for binary types only), and support of the SQL_ATTR_RESET_CONNECTION connection attribute (for the Unicode driver only).
Also, Connector/ODBC 5.3 introduces a GTK+-based setup library providing a GUI DSN setup dialog on some Unix-based systems, currently included in the Debian 7/8/9, EL6/OL6, EL7/OL7 (64-bit only), Fedora 24/25/26, FreeBSD 10/11, SLES 12, Ubuntu 14/16/17 packages. Other new features in the 5.3 driver are FileDSN and Bookmarks support.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages at
For information on installing, please see the documentation at
Functionality Added or Changed
- SQL query timeout (SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT) support was added. (Bug #26474362, Bug #69416)
- When building Connector/ODBC from source, users now have a choice of linking dynamically or statically to the MySQL client library. Dynamic linking is selected by default. See Building Connector/ODBC from a Source Distribution on Windows (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-odbc/en/connector-odbc-installation-source-windows.html) or Building Connector/ODBC from a Source Distribution on Unix (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-odbc/en/connector-odbc-installation-source-unix.html) for details. However, the binary distributions of Connector/ODBC from Oracle remain statically linked to the client library.
- Fixed an OpenRecordSet memory leak due to get_session_variable() not freeing a result for errors. (Bug #27155880, Bug #88143
- Calling MySQLDriverConnect with the pcbConnStrOut argument set to NULL caused an unexpected failure. (Bug #27101767, Bug #88371)
- Connector/ODBC now compiles on MySQL 5.5. Thanks to Vadim Zeitlin for the patch. (Bug #26633971, Bug #87413)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!