Continuing our series of live, online classes, Jonathan will be delivering his new IECS: Immersion Event on Columnstore Indexes in March! The class will be delivered live via WebEx or GoToMeeting on March 26-28 (roughly 12-13 hours of content including Q&As; about the same as two full workshop days!) and the attendees will have lifetime access to the recordings following the end of the class.
Rather than have people try to watch a full day of training at their computer for one of more days, the class will run from 10am to 3pm PST each day, with two 90-minute teaching sessions, each followed by Q&A, and a lunch break. We chose to do this, and to spread the class over a few days, so the times work pretty well for those in the Americas, Africa, and Europe. We also realize that this is complex content, so want to give attendees time to digest each day’s material, plus extensive Q&A.
Here are some select quotes from prior attendees of Jonathan’s online classes:
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
- “Great course. I could hear clearly, the content was relevant to current day problems, and provided clear instruction.”
- “Loved the online aspect. It felt like I was there with the question ability and having the questions just answered right there. I felt I had a voice and could ask anything and the ability to watch it later made it totally worth the registration.”
The modules covered will be:
- Columnstore Index Basics
- Columnstore Usage Strategies
- Dynamic Management Views
- Data Loading Patterns
- Columnstore Index Maintenance
- Partitioned Tables
The price of the class is US$699 (or US$599 for prior attendees of any Immersion Event). You can also select this class as part of our “Pick Any 3 2019 Q1 Classes” package (which works out to $583 per class) and it’s included in the “All Six 2019 Q1 Classes” package (which works out to $549 per class).
You can get all the details of this class here.
We decided to start teaching some live, online classes as we recognize that not everyone can travel to our in-person classes, or take that time away from work or family, or simply have travel budget as well as training budget. People also have different ways they learn, some preferring in-person training, some preferring recorded, online training, and some preferring live, online training.
We’ll be doing more of these so stay tuned for updates (and discounts through the newsletter).
We hope you can join us!
The post New live online training class in March: Columnstore Indexes appeared first on Paul S. Randal.