Continuing our series of live, online classes, Erin will be delivering her new IEQS: Immersion Event on Solving Common Performance Problems with Query Store in May! The class will be delivered live via WebEx on May 22-23 (roughly 12-13 hours of content including Q&As; about the same as two full workshop days!) and the recording will be available to attendees for six months following the end of the class.
Rather than have people try to watch a full day of training at their computer for one of more days, the class will run from 10am to 3pm PST each day, with two 90-minute teaching sessions, each followed by Q&A, and a lunch break. We chose to do this, and to spread the class over a few days, so the times work pretty well for those in the Americas, Africa, and Europe. We also realize that this is complex content, so want to give attendees time to digest each day’s material, plus extensive Q&A.
Here are some select quotes from prior attendees of Erin’s in-person classes:
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “I though this was extremely worthwhile. I have been a DBA for a few years and this was a great refresher for a lot of things I don’t do very often but should.”
- “Found class extremely helpful and plan to take the next one.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “I was familiar with all of the topics in this course, but barely understood most. I feel I will be able to begin to do all of the things I need to take simpler tasks from our DBAs to allow them to focus on the more advanced tasks. That was exactly my goal for taking this class.”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
The modules covered will be:
- Query Store Fundamentals
- Understanding the Query Store Data
- Workload Characteristics and Query Store Performance
- Finding Performance Issues
- Forcing Plans
- Automatic Tuning
- Other Uses of Query Store
- Visualizing Query Store Data
The price of the class is US$795 (or US$695 for prior live, online attendees) and you can get all the details here.
The class was also announced in our newsletter today, with a US$100 discount for those people who received that newsletter, valid for two weeks. All future live, online classes will always feature a two-week discount for newsletter subscribers.
We decided to start teaching some live, online classes as we recognize that not everyone can travel to our in-person classes, or take that time away from work or family, or simply have travel budget as well as training budget. People also have different ways they learn, some preferring in-person training, some preferring recorded, online training, and some preferring live, online training.
We’ll be doing more of these in 2018, on a variety of topics, so stay tuned for updates (and discounts through the newsletter).
We hope you can join us!
The post New live online training class on using Query Store in May! appeared first on Paul S. Randal.