ProxySQL is a high-performance proxy, currently for MySQL and its forks (like Percona Server for MySQL and MariaDB). It acts as an intermediary for client requests seeking resources from the database. René Cannaò created ProxySQL for DBAs as a means of solving complex replication topology issues.
The ProxySQL 1.4.10 source and binary packages available at https://percona.com/downloads/proxysql include ProxySQL Admin – a tool, developed by Percona to configure Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes into ProxySQL. Docker images for release 1.4.10 are available as well: https://hub.docker.com/r/percona/proxysql/. You can download the original ProxySQL from https://github.com/sysown/proxysql/releases.
- PSQLADM-12: Implemented the writer-is-reader option in proxysql-admin. This is now a text option: ‘always’, ‘never’, and ‘ondemand’
- PSQLADM-64: Added the option
--sync-multi-cluster-userswhich , that uses the same function as
--sync-usersbut will not delete users on ProxySQL that don’t exist on MySQL
- PSQLADM-90: Added testsuites for host priority/slave/loadbal/writer-is-reader features
- Additional debugging support
--debugflag on scripts prints more output. All SQL calls are now logged if debugging is enabled.
proxysql-status now reads the credentials from the
proxysql-admin.cnffile. It is possible to look only at certain tables (
--stats). Also added the ability to filter based on the table name (
- tests directory
proxysql-admin-testsuite.shscript can now be used to create test clusters (
proxysql-admin-testsuite.sh <workdir> --no-test --cluster-one-only, this option will create a 3-node PXC cluster with 1 async slave and will also start proxyxql). Also added regression test suites.
- tools directory
Added extra tools that can be used for debugging (
proxysql-admindid not check that the monitor user had been configured on the PXC nodes.
- PSQLADM-82: the
without-check-monitor-useroption did check the monitor user (even if it was enabled). This option has been replaced with
proxysql_galera-checkercould hang if there was no scheduler entry.
- PSQLADM-87: in some cases,
proxysql_galera_checkerwas not moving a node to
OFFLINE_SOFTif pxc_maint_mode was set to “maintenance”
proxysql_node_monitorwas searching among all nodes, not just the read hostgroup.
- PSQLADM-91: Nodes in the priority list were not being picked.
- PSQLADM-93: If mode=’loadbal’, then the read_hostgroup setting was used from the config file, rather than being set to -1.
- PSQLADM-96: Centos used
- PSQLADM-98: In some cases, checking the PXC node status could stall (this call now uses a TIMEOUT)
ProxySQL is available under OpenSource license GPLv3.
The post ProxySQL 1.4.10 and Updated proxysql-admin Tool Now in the Percona Repository appeared first on Percona Database Performance Blog.