Following the alpha release announced earlier, Percona announces the release candidate of Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.12-2rc1 on October 31, 2018. Download the latest version from the Percona website or from the Percona Software Repositories.
This release is based on MySQL 8.0.12 and includes all the bug fixes in it. It is a Release Candidate quality release and it is not intended for production. If you want a high quality, Generally Available release, use the current Stable version (the most recent stable release at the time of writing in the 5.7 series is 5.7.23-23).
Percona provides completely open-source and free software.
As this is a release candidate, installation is performed by enabling the testing repository and installing the software via your package manager. For Debian based distributions see apt installation instructions, for RPM based distributions see yum installation instructions. Note that in both cases after installing the current percona-release package, you’ll need to enable the testing repository in order to install Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.12-2rc1. For manual installations you can download from the testing repository directly through our website.
- #4550: Native Partitioning support for MyRocks storage engine
- #3911: Native Partitioning support for TokuDB storage engine
- #4946: Add an option to prevent implicit creation of column family in MyRocks
- #4839: Better default configuration for MyRocks and TokuDB
- InnoDB changed page tracking has been rewritten to account for redo logging changes in MySQL 8.0.11. This fixes fast incremental backups for PS 8.0
- #4434: TokuDB ROW_FORMAT clause has been removed, compression may be set by using the session variable tokudb_row_format instead.
- Several packaging changes to bring Percona packages more in line with upstream, including split repositories. As you’ll note from our instructions above we now ship a tool with our release packages to help manage this.
- #4785: Setting version_suffix to NULL could lead to handle_fatal_signal (sig=11) in Sys_var_version::global_value_ptr
- #4788: Setting log_slow_verbosity and enabling the slow_query_log could lead to a server crash
- #4947: Any index comment generated a new column family in MyRocks
- #1107: Binlog could be corrupted when tmpdir got full
- #1549: Server side prepared statements lead to a potential off-by-second timestamp on slaves
- #4937: rocksdb_update_cf_options was useless when specified in my.cnf or on command line.
- #4705: The server could crash on snapshot size check in RocksDB
- #4791: SQL injection on slave due to non-quoting in binlogged ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
- #4953: rocksdb.truncate_table3 was unstable
Other bugs fixed:
- #4811: 5.7 Merge and fixup for old DB-937 introduces possible regression
- #4885: Using ALTER … ROW_FORMAT=TOKUDB_QUICKLZ leads to InnoDB: Assertion failure: ha_innodb.cc:12198:m_form->s->row_type == m_create_info->row_type
- Numerous testsuite failures/crashes