Proudly announcing the release of the latest stable release of ProxySQL 1.4.8 as of the 11th April 2018.
ProxySQL is a high performance, high availability, protocol aware proxy for MySQL. It can be downloaded here, and freely usable and accessible according to GPL license.
ProxySQL 1.4.8 includes a number of important improvements and bug fixes including:
- Transaction status is now tracked at the level of a connection and persisted even if the transaction status is unknown
- Several improvements and fixes introduced for prepared statements management, purging and handling
- Automatically processing of uncompressed packets even if wrongly marked as compressed
- ProxySQL will gracefully shutdown if proxysql_stats.db is not writable
- Fixed a missing RW lock which would lead to a crash while processing prepared statements
- Due to a typo it was impossible to use Cluster functionality to sync mysql_users without also syncing mysql_servers
- Incorrect prepared statement metadata was being erased
- Improved LAST_INSERT_ID tracking #1421
- Added support for utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci
- SERVER_STATUS_NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES flag was missing for SQLite3 backends
- Bug fix for memory leak in LOAD MYSQL SERVERS TO RUNTIME
- Add support for wildcard in mysql_query_rules.client_addr
- Handling any type of quoting on MySQL variables (i.e. single / double quote)
- Do not consider ProxySQL's backends unhealthy if the monitor user is unable to login
- Added logic to disable monitoring of servers not responding to ping - this commit also prevents shunned nodes from coming back online if they are missing pings as well as reduced pinging.
- Use the right schema for new connections to ClickHouse (i.e.
- Added support for nullable columns
- Added handling for SET WAIT_TIMEOUT when using a ClickHouse backend
- Disabled brotli and libssh in curl (compile/build)
- Added SHA1 checksums for packages
A special thanks to all the people that reports bugs: this makes each version of ProxySQL better than the previous one.
Please report any bugs or feature requests on github issue tracker