Percona Live Santa Clara 2018 is now over! All things considered, I think it went off quite well; if you have any comments/complaints/etc., please don’t hesitate to drop me a line. I believe a survey will be going out as to where you’d like to see the conference in 2019 – yes, it is no longer going to be at the Santa Clara Convention Centre.
I was pleasantly surprised that several people came up to me saying they read this column and enjoy it. Thank you!
The whole conference was abuzz with MySQL 8.0 GA chatter. Many seemed to enjoy the PostgreSQL focus too, now that Percona announced PostgreSQL support.
Congratulations as well to the MySQL Community Awards 2018 winners.
- MariaDB 5.5.60, which is based on MySQL 5.5.60 – you’ll note that the release dates are extremely short between the two! As always, the contribution log is also a nice thing to see from MariaDB.
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.21-21 – comes with three new encryption features: vault keyring plug-in, encryption for InnoDB general tablespaces, and encryption for binary log files.
- Percona Server for MongoDB 3.6.3-1.1 – pay particular attention to the future of MongoRocks here.
- Try MariaDB Server 10.3 in Docker – great to see Rasmus blogging again!
- Evergreen/Frontier Status: ODB Work – for me, I find it interesting to see how people plan schemas and thoughts around the object database.
- One Giant Leap For SQL: MySQL 8.0 Released – a lengthy blog from Markus Winand, definitely recommended from a standards perspective. He has lots of great charts in this post.
- ora_migrator: Moving From Oracle To Postgresql Even Faster – free via Github, something you’ll execute via the command line; a GUI costs extra.
- rootconf.in 2018 – Bangalore, India – May 10-11 2018
- Open Source Data Centre Conference – Berlin, Germany – June 12-13 2018
- DataOps Barcelona – Barcelona, Spain – June 21-22 2018
- OSCON – Portland, Oregon, USA – July 16-19 2018
I look forward to feedback/tips via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @bytebot.
The post This Week In Data with Colin Charles 37: Percona Live 2018 Wrap Up appeared first on Percona Database Performance Blog.