Please join Percona’s Sr. Technical Operations Architect Tim Vaillancourt as he presents Developing an App on MongoDB: Tips and Tricks on Thursday, August 16th, 2018, at 10:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) / 1:00 PM EDT (UTC-4).
A lot of developers prefer using MongoDB to other open source databases when developing applications. But why? How do you work with MongoDB to create a well-functioning application?
This webinar will help developers understand what MongoDB does and how it processes requests from applications.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- Data, Queries and Indexes
- Using indices efficiently
- Reducing index and storage size with correct data types
- The aggregation framework
- Using the Explain and Operation Profiling features
- MongoDB features to avoid
- Using Read and Write Concerns for Integrity
- Scaling read queries using Read Preference
- What is MongoDB Sharding?
- Using Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) to visualize database usage
- MongoDB users and built-in roles for application security
- Using SRV DNS record support
By the end of the lesson, you will know how to avoid common problems with MongoDB in the application stage, instead of fixing it in production.
The post Webinar Thurs 16/8: Developing an App on MongoDB: Tips and Tricks appeared first on Percona Database Performance Blog.