Please join Percona’s Principal Support Engineer, Sveta Smirnova, as she presents Effective Testing for Live Applications on March 29, 2018, at 10:00 am PDT (UTC-7) / 1:00 pm EDT (UTC-4).
When an application is hit with trouble in a live production environment, it is often difficult to:
- Repeat a problematic scenario without the risk of making things worse
- Find which query or sequence of actions caused the issue
- Prepare a dataset to share with the support team that they can use to investigate the problem
At the same time, it is not possible to solve troubles without understanding what caused them. This is why it is necessary to clearly understand what steps caused the issue. You need to have a repeatable test case or, at the very least, a clear understanding of when your application met the error.
In this webinar, I will:
- Guide you through general steps that will help you to identify the issue
- Cover testing methods that work best at the each step
- Discuss minimizing test cases so you are better prepared to provide information to your support team (or just to have it handy on your test server).
Sveta joined Percona in 2015. Her main professional interests are problem-solving, working with tricky issues, bugs, finding patterns that can solve typical issues quicker, and teaching others how to deal with MySQL issues, bugs and gotchas effectively. Before joining Percona, Sveta worked as Support Engineer in the MySQL Bugs Analysis Support Group in MySQL AB-Sun-Oracle. She is the author of the book “MySQL Troubleshooting” and JSON UDF functions for MySQL.
The post Webinar Thursday March 29, 2018: Effective Testing for Live Applications appeared first on Percona Database Performance Blog.