There’s been a lot of talk about the changing role of the DBA. But is the DBA out of a job? No way according to this recent Forbes article Autonomous Capabilities Will Make Data Warehouses — And DBAs — More Valuable. According to Penny Avril, Vice president of Oracle Database product management. “DBAs still need to understand where the data lives, what the data represents, and which people and applications should get to see which data.”
We just saw this video from Joel Goodman – Master Principal Sales Consultant – who recorded a 5 minute product video explaining core DBA skills for Cloud versus On-Premises. View it here.
In this video Joel makes 5 important points about the skills and tools DBAs need in whatever environment they work:
- Oracle Database is the same basic software regardless of the deployment method or location
- Oracle Database Cloud Service databases are available in only a limited set of preconfigured option bundles
- Some skills and tool are relevant only in On-Premises Databases
- Some Skills and tools are relevant only when administering an Oracle DBaaS Cloud Database
- But 95% of the skill and knowledge is the same regardless of whether it is Cloud or On-Premises
- The Oracle Database Upgrade Learning Subscription training + certification integrated; train and test anytime and anywhere.
- Oracle DBA Certified Professionals stay current – with one exam Upgrade Oracle DBA 11g or 12c to 12c R2
- How to Stay Relevant view the infographic
- The Secret to Choosing the Oracle Database Certification that is Right for You
- If You Struggle With How to Bring Your Skills From 11g to 12c, Then Read This